Our customers are changing: they are more informed, more demanding, and have far higher expectations than ever before. So, how does one keep up in this new customer-driven environment?
You must become customer-focused in your approach to business. And given the rapid pace of change in our market, you can’t afford to put it off any longer.
There are many ways you can achieve customer-centricity, but one very important part, which may often be overlooked is maintaining regular contact with your client base and prospects in a way that they value.
It may sound like a lot of work, but the benefits speak for themselves. A number of our businesses who interact frequently with their contacts shared with us that they:
- Enjoy being top-of-mind with their client base;
- Lose fewer clients to competitors in between sales; and
- Achieve overall higher customer satisfaction.
However, as you can imagine, the journey to get there isn’t always easy. Without knowing what exactly to look for in a CRM and their associated processes, some of these businesses found that maintaining rhythmic contact with their buyers could be time-consuming and laborious. Some challenges they faced include:
- Contact details were stored in a number of systems, and trying to compile information on existing customers and prospects was a nightmare;
- They lacked a platform that allowed them to automate their emails, so sending regular emails had to be done manually every time;
- Their email templates were visually unappealing and could not be customised to suit their brand; and
- Their sales teams lacked visibility over the communication sent to customers by the company – so they couldn’t tell who was getting too many emails, and who was yet to receive a response.
Since then, we worked with these businesses to help them meet and exceed the expectations of their customers by using the right technology. And let me share with you what I shared with them…
The right Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool can help eliminate the pain traditionally associated with customer-centric communication, by enabling you to easily communicate with your database, personalise the content they receive, and track their engagement – automatically!
So here are the things to look for in a CRM to help optimise how you communicate regularly with your buyers. It must:
1. Integrates with your existing systems to eliminate manual processes
A solution that integrates seamlessly with your existing platforms is a huge benefit and a timesaver. It means that data collected in one platform is easily transmitted to the next, eliminating the need for re-entering data or juggling multiple spreadsheets of contact details.
2. Allows for customisation and branding
The right solution will allow you to easily personalise your messages, and let you put your own stamp on your content with customisable email templates and branding.
3. Segments your database for tailored communication
Software that allows you to segment your contact list based on factors such as their location or previous purchasing habits adds another level of customer-centricity to your sales process. Not only do your customers receive regular messages from you, you can ensure that it is content that’s specifically relevant and useful to them.
4. Measures success and continuously improve
Intelligent technology can provide you with visibility over how effective your communication is. By measuring the level of engagement for every email you send, you’ll know exactly what works and what doesn’t – with statistics to prove it. Armed with the right data, you can continue to improve your communication to achieve better results and generate more revenue.
5. Streamlines your sales process
Maintain all your communication with your leads, customers and suppliers in one place, so your Sales teams can tell exactly which people are ripe for follow up. Set automatic follow-up tasks and reminders so your staff never miss an opportunity to generate more revenue.
Realising just how significantly regular contact with customers can impact your bottom line, we wanted to make the move towards customer-centricity as easy as possible for our clients.
While HARMONiQ CRM already integrates seamlessly with Micronet Distribution System, as well as other commonly used tools such as Microsoft Outlook, we’ve now added sophisticated eMarketing into the mix!
We’ve integrated our CRM with leading email marketing provider, Campaign Monitor, allowing you to easily manage and optimise your email marketing in an interface you’re already familiar with.
As a result, with HARMONiQ Business Tuning Software you can;
- Seamlessly send data from your Micronet Distribution System into HARMONiQ CRM, segment your contacts, create targeted marketing lists, and ensure your clients and prospects get emails with messages targeted specifically to them.
- Stay top-of-mind with your contact list with beautiful email templates, which can be customised to suit your branding. Choose from a range of user-friendly, customisable and mobile-responsive designs to suit any marketing message or audience.
- Get visibility over how your marketing is performing. Track your engagement directly in HARMONiQ CRM and see exactly which campaigns generate the most sales.
- Eliminate the manual processes around contacting your entire client and prospect database. You may never have to export or import a spreadsheet of contact details again!
- Provide your staff with one source of truth for all customer information, and an easy way to manage their follow up tasks and provide personalised customer service every time.
Here’s what one of our customers had to say about how HARMONiQ has helped his business:
“We have found HARMONiQ extremely useful and couldn’t do without it. In comparison to our last system, which was very restrictive and limiting, HARMONiQ is highly customisable and very user friendly and has been a great assistance in making our company more system driven.”
Customer Service & Marketing Manager
If you would like to find out how you can leverage HARMONiQ CRM to better manage your customer relationships, please call me on 0412 421 350 or email me on email@example.com to experience the system for yourself.
Drew Arthur is the Managing Director of Micronet Systems, and is focused on helping business leaders overcome inefficient sales, inventory and customer relationship management practices by leveraging cutting edge technology. If you want to gain better control of the sales processes in your business, click here to see how HARMONiQ Business Tuning Software can make a difference to your business.